|Team (Rank Change)||Win||Loss||Draw||Streak||PF||PA||+/-||BT*||BL**||Points|
|Metropolis (Minneapolis, MN)||5||0||0||5W||193||122||71||5||0||25|
|Barbarians (Milwaukee, WI) (+1)||3||1||0||2W||116||82||34||4||0||16|
|Lions (Chicago, IL) (-1)||2||3||0||2L||155||123||32||3||2||13|
|Dragons (Davenport, IA)||2||2||0||1L||131||118||13||2||1||11|
|Blues (Kansas City, MO) (+2)||2||1||0||1W||80||78||2||3||0||11|
|Wolfhounds (Cincinnati, OH) (+2)||2||3||0||1W||111||147||-36||2||0||10|
|Scioto Valley (Columbus, OH) (-2)||1||4||0||1L||114||157||-43||2||1||7|
|Griffins (Chicago, IL) (-2)||1||4||0||2L||105||178||-73||2||0||6|
* A bonus point is awarded for each match in which the team scores 4 tries or more.
** A bonus point is awarded for each match in which the team loses by 7 or less.
Week 5 of the Men's Midwest D1 Competition started out with an upset as the Blues rebounded from their week 4 loss to defeat the Lions in Chicago 25-19. The exciting match was a close affair throughout with the lead changing 4 times and an early drop goal from the Blues. Chicago managed to salvage a bonus point for their efforts but it was not enough to hold onto second place.
In Milwaukee, the Barbarians also had a bonus-point win — 26 - 10 — over Scioto Valley. Behind 19-0 at halftime, Scioto Valley looked dangerous going into the break and turned up the heat in the second half. Taking full advantage of a lop-sided penalty count, Scioto Valley enjoyed a lot of possession and forced the Barbarians to defend for long periods. Despite outscoring the hosts 2 tries to 1 in the second half, the visitors could not overcome the early deficit. The Barbarians move into second place and a game in hand over third placed Lions.
In Cincinnati, the Wolfhounds broke a 2-match losing streak with a confident 29-12 win against the traveling Griffins. The result puts the Griffins in their own 2-match losing streak and makes them a candidate for the wooden spoon if their fortunes continue on this trend.
Finally, the Metropolis machine grinds on with a barn-burning win in Davenport. The Dragons fell 37-34 to the visitors. The 4-point margin is the closest any team has come to defeating Metropolis this season.
Scores, Week 5 (27-Sep-2014)
- Dragons (Home) 34 - 37 Metropolis
- Lions (Home) 19 - 25 Blues
- Barbarians (Home) 26 - 16 Scioto Valley
- Wolfhounds (Home) 29 - 12 Griffins
Scores, Week 4 (20-Sep-2014)
- Wolfhounds (Home) 15 - 32 Barbarians
- Metropolis (Home) 29 - 19 Lions
- Scioto Valley (Home) 40 - 26 Blues
- Griffins (Home) 18 - 42 Dragons
Scores, Week 3 (13-Sep-2014)
- Lions (Home) 43 - 19 Wolfhounds
- Metropolis (Home) 36 - 26 Barbarians
- Scioto Valley (Home) 27 - 29 Griffins
Scores, Week 2 (6-Aug-2014)
- Griffins (Home) 31 - 48 Metropolis
- Palmer (Home) 36 - 34 Lions
- Wolfhounds (Home) 36 - 17 Scioto Valley
Scores, Week 1 (30-Aug-2014)
- Metropolis (Home) 43 - 12 Wolfhounds
- Lions (Home) 40 - 14 Scioto Valley
- Barbarians (Home) 32 - 15 Griffins
- Blues (Home) 29 - 19 Dragons