|Team (Rank Change)||Win||Loss||Draw||Streak||PF||PA||+/-||BT*||BL**||Points|
|Metropolis (Minneapolis, MN)||6||0||0||6W||254||140||114||6||0||30|
|Barbarians (Milwaukee, WI)||4||1||0||3W||167||101||66||5||0||21|
|Lions (Chicago, IL)||3||3||0||1W||177||135||42||4||3||19|
|Blues (Kansas City, MO) (+1)||3||1||0||2W||112||92||20||4||0||16|
|Dragons (Davenport, IA) (-1)||2||3||0||2L||149||171||-22||3||1||12|
|Wolfhounds (Cincinnati, OH)||2||4||0||1L||121||179||-58||2||0||10|
|Griffins (Chicago, IL) (+1)||1||5||0||3L||119||196||-77||2||1||7|
|Scioto Valley (Columbus, OH) (-1)||1||5||0||2L||132||217||-85||2||1||7|
* A bonus point is awarded for each match in which the team scores 4 tries or more.
** A bonus point is awarded for each match in which the team loses by 7 or less.
Week 6 of the Men's Midwest D1 Competition did not hold any surprise results but the margins we predicted last week were wildly inaccurate.
Metropolis advanced their perfect record to 6-0-0 with a 59-14 win at home over Scioto Valley. Metro remain in 1st place with the visitor drop to the bottom of the table.
In Milwaukee, the Barbarians continued their hot streak with a third consecutive win in their first meeting against the Dragons. The match was a 3-stanza affair with the hosts scoring 31 unanswered points, the visitors replying with 19 unanswered points, and Milwaukee closing it out with 18 unanswered points. Palmer drop to the bottom half of the table in 5th place while the Barbarians hold onto 2nd.
The Blues also had a wide margin over visiting Cincinnati, 32-10. The Wolfhounds managed a converted try and a penalty kick. Despite falling short of a bonus point, they managed to hold onto 6th place while the Blues notch up one spot to 4th place with a game in hand vs. the Barbarians and 2 in hand vs. Lions and Metro.
Week 7 Preview
Week 7 has just 3 matches. We predict a draw and an upset.
Scores, Week 6 (4-Oct-2014)
- Metropolis (Home) 59 - 14 Scioto Valley
- Griffins (Home) 12 - 18 Lions
- Barbarians (Home) 59 - 19 Dragons
- Blues (Home) 32 - 10 Wolfhounds
Scores, Week 5 (27-Sep-2014)
- Dragons (Home) 33 - 39 Metropolis
- Lions (Home) 19 - 25 Blues
- Barbarians (Home) 26 - 16 Scioto Valley
- Wolfhounds (Home) 29 - 12 Griffins
Scores, Week 4 (20-Sep-2014)
- Wolfhounds (Home) 15 - 32 Barbarians
- Metropolis (Home) 29 - 24 Lions
- Scioto Valley (Home) 44 - 26 Blues
- Griffins (Home) 18 - 42 Dragons
Scores, Week 3 (13-Sep-2014)
- Lions (Home) 43 - 19 Wolfhounds
- Metropolis (Home) 36 - 26 Barbarians
- Scioto Valley (Home) 27 - 31 Griffins
Scores, Week 2 (6-Aug-2014)
- Griffins (Home) 31 - 48 Metropolis
- Palmer (Home) 36 - 34 Lions
- Wolfhounds (Home) 36 - 17 Scioto Valley
Scores, Week 1 (30-Aug-2014)
- Metropolis (Home) 43 - 12 Wolfhounds
- Lions (Home) 39 - 14 Scioto Valley
- Barbarians (Home) 32 - 15 Griffins
- Blues (Home) 29 - 19 Dragons