The Milwaukee Barbarians Athletic Club is extending an invitation for qualified rugby coaches to submit resumes (CV) for consideration for a summer position in Milwaukee, WI as Assistant Coach for our 7s program.
The Barbarians field multiple sevens sides at all levels in the USA Rugby Midwest Competitive Region. The Assistant Sevens Coach will be in charge of the developmental sides which compete primarily in local events in Wisconsin.
- Applicant must be USA Rugby Certified Level 200 or higher (or an international equivalent) and maintain CIPP in current status throughout the duration of the competitive season.
- The applicant will be expected to pass USA Rugby’s background and sex offender screening prior to consideration.
- The applicant will have the ability to work with experienced and develop novice players to maximize retention and competitiveness.
- Applicant is responsible for all competition laws, rules, and requirements as prescribed by USA Rugby, Midwest RFU and/or the Wisconsin RFU.
- Previous coaching experience is preferred.
- A non-playing coach is preferred but player-coach will be considered based on applicant's coaching history.
- Applicant must be eligible for employment without restriction within the U.S.
- Availability is required Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm and available for travel to all games, matches and tournaments. The selected applicant will be expected to coach the developmental sevens sides from May 10th 2016 to August 9, 2016.
Remuneration & Renewal
- Applicant may be reimbursed reasonable costs associated with competition and Continuing Education upon board pre-approval.
- Applicant will be reimbursed requisite annual CIPP registration fees required by USA Rugby, the Midwest RFU, and the Wisconsin RFU upon completion of the competition cycle.
- Applicant may be eligible for stipend based upon education, certifications and/or experience (Requires board approval).
- Extension to additional seasons is possible depending on fit and availability.
Please submit CV/Resume including proof of certification(s) using our online form here: https://milwaukeerugby.org/coaching-application