In photo from left: Cutler, Chini, Bell, Sims, Dave Gray (no award), Ash, Roche, Egan, Ratzburg, and Ludwig.
On Friday the Milwaukee Barbarians held their annual rugby awards ceremony and banquet.
Newly-elected club secretary Todd Chini at took home top honors as the 2018 Rugger of the Year. Todd is a dedicated club member who puts in a lot of hours both on and off the field.
The other awardees stand out from prior years in that all but one of them are first-time awardees such as Rookie of the Year Connor Bell and MAORI (35+) of the Year Wayne Cutler.
Another unique feature of the ceremony is the inclusion of the Rugby 7s awards: this is the first time both programs celebrated their seasons and recognized their outstanding players at the same time.
Congratulations to all of the awardees!
- Rugger of the Year — Todd Chini (second from left in photo)
- Rookie of the Year — Conor Bell
- MAORI (35+) of the Year — Wayne Cutler
Rugby 15s Awards, Division 1
- Forward of the Year — Kyle Cwiklis
- Back of the Year — Ty Ash
- Most Improved — Anthony Sims
Rugby 15s Awards, Division 3
- Forward of the Year — Patrick Ratzburg
- Back of the Year — Michael Egan
- Most Improved — Brady Ludwig
Rugby 7s Awards
- Most Valuable Player, Qualifier Team — Stuart Roche
- Most Valuable Player, Competitive Team — Tom Fossell
- Most Improved — Bryce Counsellor