This non-contact, co-ed program for ages 6 through 14 is designed to introduce kids to rugby, the fastest growing team sport in the world that was played in the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio.
The rules are easy to learn and no prior experience is required.
Practices are held on Fridays, 5:00PM - 6:30PM, from mid-June through late July at Merrill Crest Park (near Bethesda Elementary, see map). Each session begins with basic skills and finishes with scrimmages.
Sessions will be directed by experienced coaches, parents, and players from the Milwaukee Barbarians and Catholic Memorial High School Girls Rugby Team.
The full practice schedule can be found on the youth rugby schedule.
Games are optional. For those who choose to participate in one or more tournaments, they are played at Saturday tournaments where your child can compete against similar age groups from other teams in Wisconsin.
Three to five games are played at each tournament.
The full tournament schedule can be found on the youth rugby schedule.
The Waukesha Barbarians Tag Rugby Program will be jointly run by the Waukesha Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Department, the Milwaukee Barbarians Athletic Club, and by the Catholic Memorial High School Girls Rugby Team.
The program is $64 per for Waukesha residents and $84 per child for non-residents.
For more info contact Joe Cunningham via email or at 262-490-1702.
- Create a free account if you do not yet have one.
- Login to the system.
- From the menu at the top, select Registration > Activity Registration.
- Search for Rugby using the form at the left.
- Select your age group from the list and select Register at the right, as shown below.
Select the age of your child:
- 2600.200 is for 1st-2nd graders
- 2600.201 is for 3rd-4th graders
- 2600.202 is for 5th-6th graders
- 2600.203 is for 7th-8th graders (8th graders going into 9th grade can also register here).